Thursday, May 8, 2008

Upsetting Sculpey

I recently purchased a new box of super sculpey, the normal pink stuff.  I just used it to make some molds of smaller stuff with platinum based silicone. I lost every single mold I used the new sculpey with the silicone just didn't cure where it touched the clay. I wonder if they added sulfur to the formula. This isn't the first time I've used super sculpey with this silicone, so it was just the new batch. I noticed it was softer then usual and smelled a little different but I didn't really question it until all of my molds failed. Not that it smells like sulfur. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Sorry about the long time between posts. I'm going to put up an update on the Dragon shortly. It is taking a bit longer then I expected.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Did you find a oven-bake polymer clay that does work with platinum cure silicones?